KMovie Addicts Reviews

Companion site to KMOVIE ADDICTS. Korean Movies Review contributed by readers of the KMOVIE ADDICTS blog. Submit yours today! **Note : Some Reviews May Contain Spoilers.

Friday, October 27, 2006

My Girl and I

My Girl And I (Parang Joo Eui Boo)

Release Date : 2005
Director: Jeong Yoon Soo
Writer: Hwang Seong Goo, Jang Moon Il, Jeong Yoon Soo

Cast:
Cha Tae Hyun ... Su Ho
Song Hye Kyo ... Su Eun





Reviewed By : homicideboy

**Spoiler Alert

“My Girl and I” is by far my favorite Korean movie. It has greatly elevated my appreciation for Korean films and my interest in them. I was first drawn to this movie because of the Song Hye Kyo, one of my most beloved actresses. It was not long before I was totally captivated by the story. It begins in present day Korea when Su Ho returned to his hometown for a ten year high school reunion. Depicting his undying love for a girlfriend long dead. The film moves back ten years ago, showing how the love story between how Su Ho, an ordinary guy and the school belle unfolds. One of the nice thing here is it is about the innocent and pure relationship between teenagers, something I can easily relate to. Like all Korean love stories, there is a twist, putting their love to the biggest test. Through the struggle, its shows the extraordinary maturity of these two in dealing with the dilemma, Su Eun, played by Song Hye Kyo, demonstrated great understanding and thoughtfulness.

In a way, the film can be said to end in a good way, Su Eun found the love of her life and Su Ho managed to mend his broken heart and bravely face the painful past. People may say that such a story line isn’t anything new and the story may be quite stale in a way, but to me the attraction of the film is the detailed expression of true love and feelings, something we simply can’t get from Hollywood movies despite their hefty budget and interesting stories. The music is another merit, successfully enhancing the atmosphere in the film. In fact it is with the help of the music that moved many viewers to tears. On the whole, this is a great movie and it did not achieve the level of fame it deserves but I believe everyone will learn something new about life from the movie, one that is suitable for all ages as it deals with the fundamentals of human nature.

2 Comments:

  • At January 08, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    im looking forward to watching the korean version of Crying Out Lve... this was originally from a japanese manga, and was later on adapted for a movie entitled "Crying Out Love in the Center of the World". I loved bothe the manga and movie, i hope this would be nice as well. :) thanks for the review.

     
  • At November 30, 2010 , Anonymous Download Movies said...

    Thanks for reviews ! I am impressed with reviews and expecting that the movie will also not disappoint me.Tomorrow, I am going to watch this film.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home